September 22, 2021

Generator fumes kills four family members who returned from Lagos to Kwara for the Sallah festivities

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 5 Second

Four family members were found dead in Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area, Kwara State after they fell asleep with the generator on.

The family had visited Kwara state from Lagos for the Sallah festivities when the tragic incident happened between Tuesday night, July 20, and Wednesday morning, July 21.

The victims, includes a man, his wife, another woman and child.

Two others were found unconscious in the house on Wednesday, July 21, and they were rushed to the hospital. 

According to an eyewitness, the family had dinned into the night on Tuesday and left the generator running in their corridor before they fell asleep. A neighbour who visited to greet them on Wednesday found their bodies and raised alarm.

According to Tribune, a source said “We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning, the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.

“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive.”

The incident was confirmed by Ajayi Okasanmi, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Kwara State Police Command.

Okasanmi added that two other members of the family are receiving treatment in the hospital.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

× Join our WhatsApp TV